Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes on Leadership: Martin Luther King Jr. is well known to be the greatest of civil rights leaders, searching for fairness and human rights. He was well spoken and a leader.
Today we are going to look at Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes on Leadership.
Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes on Leadership
1. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
2. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
3. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
4. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – MLK Jr.
5. “Ten thousand fools proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality.”
6. “Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.”
8. “Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.”
9. “We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles rather than by the quality of our service and relationship to mankind.”
10. “Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.”
11. “Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great because greatness is determined by service… You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love.”
12. “I came to the conclusion that there is an existential moment in your life when you must decide to speak for yourself; nobody else can speak for you.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
13. “He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”
14. “The soft-minded man always fears change. He feels security in the status quo, and he has an almost morbid fear of the new. For him, the greatest pain is the pain of a new idea.”
15. “We cannot walk alone.”
16. “Only in the darkness can you see the stars.”
17. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
18. “Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.”
19. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”
20. “We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right.”
21. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”
22. “When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative. ”
23. “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”
24. “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness. “
25. “No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they’d die for.”
26. “We are not makers of history. We are made by history. “
27. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
28. “People fail to get along because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don’t know each other; they don’t know each other because they have not communicated with each other.”
29. “If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.”