Martin Luther King Jr Quotes on Love: Martin Luther King Jr. spoke fluently and persuasively about many things. His most powerful messages were about love, to love one another.
Martin Luther King Day is a holiday to remember and be inspired. You can commemorate this day by sharing some of these powerful Martin Luther King Jr. quotes about love.
These messages are still applicable to today’s life. Martin Luther King Jr.’s love quotes have made a great impact across the world.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes on Love
1. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
2. “He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.”
3. “There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.”
4. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.”
5. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
You may also Like: Martin Luther King Jr Quotes
6. “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.”
7. “Nonviolence is an absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another.”
Martin Luther King Love Quotes
1. “Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
2. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
3. “The surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
4. “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for
5. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
6. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”
7. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'”
8. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
9. “At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.”
10. “To serve, you only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
11. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy to a friend.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
12. “We have flown the air like birds, and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes About Love
Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase
Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic
Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be the first in love. I want you to be the first in moral excellence. I want you to be the first in generosity.
I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love.
We must in strength and humility meet hate with love
Be the peace you wish to see in the world
May I stress the need for courageous, intelligent, and dedicated leadership… Leaders of sound integrity. Leaders not in love with publicity, but in love with justice. Leaders not in love with money, but in love with humanity. Leaders who can subject their particular egos to the greatness of the cause.
In some not too distant tomorrow the radiant stars of love and brotherhood will shine over our great nation with all their scintillating beauty
It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important.
Power properly understood is nothing but the ability to achieve purpose… one of the great problems of history is that the concepts of love and power have usually been contrasted as opposites – polar opposites – so that love is identified with a resignation of power, and power with a denial of love.
Everybody can be great… because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
This call for a worldwide fellowship that lifts neighborly concern beyond one’s tribe, race, class, and nation is, in reality, a call for an all-embracing and unconditional love for all men
This often misunderstood and the misinterpreted concept has now become an absolute necessity for the survival of man
When I speak of love, I am speaking of that force that all the great religions have seen as the supreme unifying principle of life
Love is the key that unlocks the door which leads to ultimate reality
There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have a stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don’t have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it.
Make a career of humanity… It will enrich your spirit as nothing else possibly can. It will give you that rare sense of nobility that can only spring from love and selflessly helping your fellow man… You will make a greater person of yourself, a greater nation of your country, and a finer world to live in.
Whenever you are engaged in work that serves humanity and is for the building of humanity, it has dignity and it has worth.
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
I am convinced that love is the most durable power in the world. It is not an expression of impractical idealism, but of practical realism.
Far from being the pious injunction of a Utopian dreamer, love is an absolute necessity for the survival of our civilization. To return hate for hate does nothing but intensify the existence of evil in the universe.
Someone must have sense enough and religion enough to cut off the chain of hate and evil, and this can only be done through love.
Forgiveness does not mean ignoring what has been done or putting a false label on an evil act. It means, rather, that the evil act no longer remains as a barrier to the relationship. Forgiveness is a catalyst creating the atmosphere necessary for a fresh start and a new beginning.
We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
Love is the most durable power in the world; pick one of these Martin Luther King Jr Quotes on Love or Martin Luther King Jr Quotes About Love and post it on your timeline or share it with your friends. You can also post it on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, or any social medial platform.
If you find these Messages, Wishes & Quotes useful and lovely, kindly share them with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Thank You for Doing so.